This post is not a guide. This build is definitely NOT a good league start, it was made for memes.
Table Of Contents
|1. Links||4. Gear|
|2. About||3. Gem links|
- PoB: https://pastebin.com/tVmjMvis
- The Maven fight: https://youtu.be/ytsLmEqDfBM
- Bossing Showcase: https://youtu.be/VtRodsh7AqQ
- Mapping Showcase: https://youtu.be/K65DveW6POQ
This build is about throwing
But why is this build a meme?
So after discovering this I decided to go all-out and cast as many
But why is this build not a meme?
To reach the highest trigger rate possible I needed at least 53% CDR (if you don’t know why, check out this post). To reach this high of a number I needed to use a Shaper influenced belt and boots – both of them have CDR mods that can push
So now build used both Cold and Fire damage AND two mandatory items were Shaper influenced – it started to smell a lot like
It was at this point that I realized this build might actually slap. Turns out that throwing 10
- It’s important to make it so that
has a longer range than . This is because is most effective at maximum range, while needs to go past it’s target to deal it’s full damage. This can be achieved by modifying projectile speed. In my case I had to use and Anomalous version of the to get proper ranges.
- I used Assassin for this build, but that’s not required. I’m pretty sure Occultist or any Ranger ascendancy could pull it off.
- If you are having trouble reaching 53% CDR breakpoint remember that there are CDR mods on abyssal jewels.
also deals decent damage. You can take advantage of it by taking Mana Leech from attacks to sustain mana.
- To reduce mana cost of
you don’t have to use . Non-Channeling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost mods for jewelry and are usually enough. There is also , which reduces skill cost.
- Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill mod’s cooldown is affected by CDR. Since this build stacks CDR you can put most utility spells into weapons and have nearly 100% uptime on all of them. Also – it’s less clicking.
Auras 4-link + 1-link
Weapon Trigger 3-links
Defensive / Mobility 4-link
As base we want
for good balance of attack speed and crit chance.
We want both knives to have more-or-less the same crit chance (I messed up and so
Both daggers should have Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill mod.
Pretty much all utility spells are triggered this way in this build. Keep in mind that 8 sek cooldown is affected by CDR (which we are stacking), and it applies to each socketed spells separately. Also since triggered spells consume mana now you can put lvl 8
into one of the weapons for high buff uptime.)
- For big dps increase we want Non-Chaos -> Chaos and Elemental -> Chaos conversion mods.
- Accuracy enchant is pretty nice for reaching 100% hit chance.
- We want Shaper + Warlord double influence for the mandatory +1 to Maximum Power Charges mod.
30% reduced Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration – This enchant isn’t necessarily required, by it makes reaching max
trigger rate much, much easier.
is the core of build’s dps scaling.
- Gain #% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Shaper Item Equipped needs to be perfectly rolled.
Nothing special here, could make better ones with double influence. Pretty much all conqueror influences have some good mods on gloves.
- Only required mod here is #% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate.
- You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently provides big dps increase.
Only required mod here is #% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate. Ideal base would have been
Needs to have:
- Non-Channeling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost – coz
eats mana. anoint – we can’t really reach it naturally, so we need to anoint it.
– Required for the + combo. Needs to be shaper-influenced.
needs to have Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost mod.
- Shaper influence also opens Adds # to # Cold Damage against Chilled or Frozen Enemies prefix, so get that if possible.
– Required due to the Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost mod, pretty much mandatory for builds in 3.15.
– Required for the keystone.
– with the +# Life gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality mod. This is our main source of recovery, it can top us off instantly.
- Other jewels can fill life, mana and damage stats.
Nothing special here – life + utility flasks.