Table Of Contents
|1. Links||4. Gear|
|2. About||3. Gem links|
The Rainbow CoC is my “Eternity Shroud Spectral Throw CoC Eye of Winter” build that I made for memes, but ended up getting it to endgame since it performed so well. You can read about 3.15 version here.
Initially this build was created during The Dark Times™ (also know as 3.15 patch) and changes introduced in 3.16 made it better. It deals a bit more damages, has more EHP and there is a lot more flexibility with passive tree setup.
3.17 plans for this build
got nerfed while got buffed – those changes should result in net zero DPS
got deleted from the game – this is a pretty major blow to any build, but it’s possible that will take it’s role. If not, then ring slot and a bunch of passives related to chaining get freed-up
To compensate for 3.17 changes I’m planning to try fitting
+ + additional aura (probably ). should be comfortable enough with this build’s recovery – also is an option since we can get rid of most ailments easily.
The new Polaric Devastation ring might enable complete build redesign – even
though it can’t be shaper-influenced it could still work within a
build (or it might push me to drop completely and just scale Cold and Fire)
- Great scaling with gear – you can go crazy with double influenced gear
- Great recovery – you are either at max HP or dead, no in-between
- Flexible – can spec into more damage or more survivability
- Only 4 buttons – most buffs and utility spells are automated
- Fast – can zoom
- Looks cool AF (objectively, confirmed by the judges)
Not a league-starter – never league-start a
Needs to reach CDR, Accuracy, Crit and Attack Speed breakpoints to even
function (like any other
Requires good positioning – like with all
builds you need to keep proper distance from your target to maximize hit rate. This is due to projectile deceleration mechanic
- Very weak against physical damage – no armor
You move or you die – even with
and every Life node you will need to keep moving around to stay alive
- Burns retinas, causes epilepsy attacks – consult your doctor first
For Damage this build triggers
- Flat Cold and Fire damage added to spells
Cold, Cold to Fire, and Elemental to Chaos conversion (standard
- Crit and Crit Multi
- Increasing projectile count
To maximize DPS
Until 3.17 this build took advantage of chaining projectiles between target
Defense is straight forward:
- Pure Life – taking every Life node possible
- Pure Evasion – running
- Recovery from on-hit life gain – mostly from
, but also from and nodes
- Recovery from
─ ─ ─
Only flasks changed since 3.15, other gear stays the same.
As base we want
for good balance of attack speed and crit chance.
We want both knives to have more-or-less the same crit chance (I messed up
Both daggers should have
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill
mod. Pretty much all utility spells are triggered this way in this build.
Keep in mind that 8 sek cooldown is affected by CDR (which we are stacking),
and it applies to each socketed spells separately. Also since triggered
spells consume mana now you can put lvl 8
into one of the weapons for high buff uptime.)
- For big dps increase we want Non-Chaos -> Chaos and Elemental -> Chaos conversion mods.
- Accuracy enchant is pretty nice for reaching 100% hit chance.
- We want Shaper + Warlord double influence for the mandatory +1 to Maximum Power Charges mod.
30% reduced Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration
– This enchant is necessarily required, by it makes reaching max
trigger rate much, much easier.
is the core of build’s dps scaling.
- Gain #% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Shaper Item Equipped needs to be perfectly rolled.
Nothing special here, could make better ones with double influence. Pretty much all conqueror influences have some good mods on gloves.
- Only required mod here is #% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate.
- You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently provides big dps increase.
Only required mod here is
#% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate. Ideal
base would have been
AmuletNeeds to have:
Non-Channeling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost
anoint – we can’t really reach it naturally, so we need to anoint it.
– Required for the + combo. Needs to be shaper-influenced.
needs to have Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost mod.
- Shaper influence also opens Adds # to # Cold Damage against Chilled or Frozen Enemies prefix, so get that if possible.
– Required due to the Non-Channelling Skills have -9 to Total Mana Cost mod, pretty much mandatory for builds in 3.15.
– Required for the keystone.
– with the +# Life gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality mod. This is our main source of recovery, it can top us off instantly.
- Other jewels can fill life, mana and damage stats.
Nothing special here – life + utility flasks.